Valve Service Technician
Fluoroseal – Missouri City, Tx, USA
Job ID: HR0010
FluoroSeal is a leading manufacturer of industrial valves and a supplier to the chemical, petrochemical, refining, mining, pulp & paper, steel making, and other industries. We are a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and with US Operations in Missouri City, Texas. We are adding this Valve Technician position to our Missouri City Operations as our business is growing.
General Job Description
- Primary duties including performing minor valve modifications and automating assembled valves for use by our end-user customers.
- Secondary duty is to serve as a back-up and support for the warehouse and shipping manager.
Valve Technician Responsibilities
- Able to read and interpret manufacturing drawings
- Valve modifications including sleeve change outs, bolting changes, enhanced testing, conversion from standard to fire-tested, etc.
- Valve repair
- Valve pressure testing
- Occasional field service work
Automation Technician Responsibilities
- General knowledge and experience working with pneumatic and electric valve actuators
- Mount, adjust travel stops, and test DA & SR pneumatic rack & pinion actuators and electric actuators on sleeved plug valves, lined plug valves, lined ball valves, and lined butterfly valves.
- Install (including tubing & fittings), set, adjust, and functional test pneumatic accessories including limit switches, solenoid valves, positioners, speed control valves, etc.
- Able to diagnose performance issues with automation packages
Warehouse / Shipping Technician Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of computer systems to transact material in/out of inventory
- Unpack incoming skids and/or shipping containers and visually inspect product according to established protocols
- Receive incoming product and transact into local inventory
- Pull assembled product from inventory for shipment
- Pack products in boxes, on skids, in crates, etc. for domestic and international shipment.
- Ship product via UPS, FedEx, DHL, motor freight, and air freight
- Pull & send CMTR’s (certified mill test reports) for customer orders
Education & Experience
- Minimum – High school diploma; preferred – technical and/or trade school associate degree
- English language required
- Experience with valves and automation is preferred but not required
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, electronic testing equipment, etc.
- Proficient in the use of hand measuring equipment such as dial calipers, depth gauges, etc.
- Proficient in the use of industrial drill presses
- Proficient in the use of arbor presses and hydraulic H-frame presses
- Proficient in the use of jib cranes
- Working knowledge and experience with hand trucks and electric forklifts