FluoroSeal Group Wholly Owned Foundries
In order to control casting quality and to provide the best lead times in the market, the FluoroSeal Group owns and operates three captive foundries. With investment foundries located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and Shuyang, China and a sand foundry located in Haslev, Denmark the FluoroSeal Group produces over 85% of the cast parts used in their products. All special stainless steel and high nickel alloy castings are produced from high purity VOD refined ingots, ensuring exact chemical composition.
"With our metallurgical experience and foundry skills the FluoroSeal Group can provide valves made from a wide variety of materials including carbon and stainless steels, duplex and super duplex stainless steels, high nickel alloys, and refractory metals."
We control our casting quality by producing over 85% of the cast parts we use in house.
Through the use of solidification modeling, the Niyama criterion, and other proprietary engineering techniques a unique system of gating and risering is developed which provide for even casting cooling which greatly reduces or eliminates internal casting defects such as shrinkage and micro-porosity. All newly developed castings are subjected to a rigorous first article sampling procedure which includes radiography, liquid penetrant examination, and other non-destructive as well as destructive testing to verify the production techniques. The end result is production castings which are capable of consistently meeting the requirements of ASTM E446 Level II casting quality.
Standard Cast Alloy List
- WCB – ASTM A216 Gr. WCB (Carbon Steel)
- LCB – ASTM A352 Gr. LCB (Carbon St. Low Temp.)
- LCC – ASTM A352 Gr. LCC (Carbon St. Low Temp.)
- CF3 – ASTM A351 Gr. CF3 (304L Stainless Steel)
- CF3M – ASTM A351 Gr. CF3M (316L Stainless Steel)
- CF8 – ASTM A351 Gr. CF8 (304 Stainless Steel)
- CF8M – ASTM A351 Gr. CF8M (316 Stainless Steel)
- CG3M – ASTM A351 Gr. CG3M (317L Stainless Steel)
- CG8M – ASTM A351 Gr. CG8M (317 Stainless Steel)
- CN7M – ASTM A351 Gr. CN7M (Alloy 20)
- 904L – Cast grade (904L Stainless Steel)
Duplex / Super Duplex Stainless Steels
- CD4MCuN- ASTM A890 Gr. 1B (1B Duplex Stainless Steel)
- CD3MN – ASTM A890/A995 Gr. 4A (4A Duplex Stainless Steel)
- CE3MN – ASTM A890 Gr. 5A (5A Duplex Stainless Steel)
- CK3MCuN – ASTM A743 Gr. CK3MCuN (254SMO Super Austenitic)
- CN3MN – ASTM A743 Gr. CN3MN (CN3MN Super Austenitic)
* Partial listing of standard alloys, others available upon request.
- CW2M – ASTM A494 Gr. CW2M (HASTELLOY C)
- CW6M – ASTM A494 Gr. CW6M (HASTELLOY C)
- CW12MW – ASTM A494 Gr. CW12MW (HASTELLOY C 276)
- N7M – ASTM A494 Gr. N7M (HASTELLOY B)
- N12MV – ASTM A494 Gr. N12MV (HASTELLOY B 2)
- M30-C – ASTM A494 Gr. M30C (Monel)
- M35-1 – ASTM A494 Gr. M35-1 (Monel)
- CY40 – ASTM A494 Gr. CY40 (INCONEL)
- CW6MC – ASTM A494 Gr. CW6MC (Inconel 625)
- CZ-100 – ASTM A494 Gr. CZ-100 (Nickel)
- C2 – ASTM B367 Gr. C2 (Titanium)
- C3 – ASTM B367 Gr. C3 (Titanium)
- C5 – ASTM B367 Gr. C5 (Titanium)
- 702C – ASTM B752 Gr. 702C (Zirconium)
- 705C – ASTM B752 Gr. 705C (Zirconium)